The tape back-up system is in place primarily as a
disaster recover system. As an added service, we do
provide restoration of customer files when requested --
however, these requests can only be fulfilled during
those times that the tape drive is not busy backing-up the
servers. There is a limited number of hours per day
when restorations requests can be completed because
the back-up process runs for much of the day.
To request file restoration, please send the following
information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Domain name of account in question.
- The date from which the restore should be
- The files to be restored.
- If we need to restore the whole site, please indicate
- Acknowledgement of minimum $50 restoration
Typically, restores cannot be performed over the
Please allow 24-48 hours for restoration on weekdays.